Sunday, March 16, 2014

UNBALANCE THIS

I AIN'T THE SMARTEST BULB IN THE SHED BUT I KNOW WHAT GOES UP NICE AND STRAIGHT AND DOESN'T NEED ANY BALANCING WHATSOEVER.

BANNERS.

Champions of ACC everything is its own reward, but UVA got a further lift from the tournament committee.  A #1 seed, that's a special season.  Even better is the draw.  Kansas is probably the toughest 2 seed, if they can get Joel Embiid healthy particularly; Villanova is UVA's two seed, and I'd rather see them than any of the others.  I'd far rather have Iowa State than any of the other 3's.  Despite the no-respect picks from the CBS clowns, Michigan State is not the toughest 4 seed; Louisville is.

Florida State, as in, the same Florida State who UVA beat three times by double digits, is higher in KenPom than either 8 seed Memphis or 9 seed George Washington.  They could've given us Gonzaga, Kentucky, Oklahoma State - not Pitt, it would've been against their rematch rules - and I'd have been a lot more worried.

We're in business.  The transformation from intriguing little upstart story to national title contender is complete.  The perception problem now lies with anyone who doesn't get it yet.  Bring your best, and score some points, if you can.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say the scariest team in our region is definitely MSU now that they are healthy. ISU is a little jekyll and Hyde so I ok with them. We usually bring out the Hyde in teams though so that's OK with me.

Nova? We'd crush them. Let's dance.

pezhoo said...

What is your position on Mich St.? I honestly haven't seen them play. I know they've had injuries, I also see a bunch of losses and until yesterday no big time, pressure wins. EVERYONE is picking them to go to the Final Four, many are picking them as Nat'l Champs, I'm looking at you, Vitale. How good are they? I am a little scared of MSU, but frankly Villanova scares me not at all.

Also, do you realized you're in the first generation of bloggers to ever have a chance to blog about our ACC basketball title?

Brendan said...

MSU worries me for metaphysical reasons. A prototypical MSU Final Four season goes a lot like this one is now, which is why they're everyone's baby all of a sudden.

From a matchup standpoint, there's no reason we can't beat them if it comes down to that. If Akil Mitchell can stop Jabari Parker and turn him into a 30% shooter, he can do the same to Adriean "Vowels" Payne. Payne is no better than a Lamar Patterson, and if our defense can hold Duke, of all teams, near a point a possession, then we can stop MSU, too.

Tom Izzo produces in March, though, and he's got a horseshoe up his ass and a motivated team. They're like a vampire. You have to keep stabbing the heart til they're dead, because otherwise they'll just keep advancing.